Friday, April 9, 2010

Bear Grylls' Great Reads When He's Not Trying to Survive

I’m a big fan of TV adventurer Bear Grylls, and tonight I present you with his top ten recommended reading list, straight from his Web site. It’s called Bear Grylls’ Great Reads When He’s Not Trying to Survive.
Without further ado, here are the books on his list:
10. Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer
9. Kon-Tiki: Across the Pacific by Raft by Thor Heyerdahl
8. Vanya: A True Story by Myrna Grant
7. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
6. The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson and John and Elizabeth Sherrill
5. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
4. Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli
3. What’s So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey
2. Skeletons on the Zahara: A True Story of Survival by Dean King
1. As Far as My Feet Will Carry Me by Josef M. Bauer
I have to admit that I’ve only read one of the books on this list, Corrie Ten Boom’s “The Hiding Place.” It’s a great book about the struggles of a little girl’s family during World War II. I’ve never read the “Diary of Anne Frank,” but these two books are often compared to one another.
Some of you may be surprised by the number of spiritual and religious books on Grylls’ list, but Grylls is a devout Christian. He’s often said that his faith is the “backbone” of his life.
In the end, if you’ve read any of these books, let me hear from you. I’d like to know what you thought about them and which ones you’d recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment