Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fuze Green Tea not my cup of tea

Today, for the first time ever, I tried Fuze Green Tea, and, aside from the cool bottle, it just wasn’t - for lack of a better way of putting it - my cup of tea.
On the way home from work this morning, I stopped at the BP in Atmore to get something to drink and change for a paper. That’s where I spotted the Fuze Green Tea on the bottom shelf of their drink cooler in the back of the store. Prior to today, I don’t remember ever seeing or hearing about Fuze Green Tea.
As I mentioned before, it comes in a cool bottle. The bottle’s light green, decorated with bright green Ginseng leaves, Asian characters, a dripping wedge of honey comb and a honey bee. After all, as the bottle claims, it’s green tea “with Honey and Ginseng, Natural Antioxidants and these Essential Vitamins.” The bottle goes on to say that the drink contains Vitamins C, E, B3, B5, B6 and B12 as well as folic acid and antioxidants. The bottle also claims that it contains “equal antioxidant capacity as two servings of vegetables.”
When it comes to calories, this drink is on the low side. The bottle I bought contained 18.5 fluid ounces, which has about 120 calories.
This drink didn’t taste bad. It was the appearance of the drink that I had the most problem with. It looked like cloudy white grape juice, and when I looked down into the bottle I couldn’t help but be reminded of dirty dishwater. To me, that’s what it looked like, and I couldn’t shake the thought as I finished off the drink.
In the end, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give this drink a 5.5, only slightly above average. Will I try it again? Probably not, but we’ll see. I guess it all depends on just how thirsty I get and what other drink options I have available at the time.
For more information about Fuze Green Tea, visit www.drinkfuze.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment