Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yuengling Traditional Lager passes inspection


Over a week ago, I tried Yuengling’s Original Black & Tan for the first time ever, and it got me to thinking. Afterwards, for the life of me, I couldn’t remember if I’d ever tried regular Yuengling, what they call Yuengling Traditional Lager. Since I couldn’t remember, and to remove all doubt, I took it as my solemn duty to make sure that I hadn’t overlooked this potentially life-changing experience.
Bottled in Pottsville, Penn. by “America’s Oldest Brewery,” Yuengling Traditional Lager isn’t bad. According to the brewer, D.G. Yuengling & Son, this beer is “brewed with roasted caramel malt for a subtle sweetness and a combination of cluster and cascade hops, this true original promises a well balanced taste with very distinct character.”
I found this beer most notable for its amber color. In my clear, glass Viking mug, it was very clear (aside from the sharp amber color) and seemed to have a sparkling quality.
It didn’t taste bad either. It doesn’t go down as smooth as most beers, and it has an edge to it that’s not at all unpleasant.
I definitely try the traditional lager again, and I’d give this beer a grade of B.
In addition to its traditional lager and Black & Tan, Yuengling also produces Yuengling Premium Beer, Yuengling Light, Dark Brewed Porter, Lord Chesterfield Ale and Yuengling Light Lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment