Thursday, May 17, 2012

Magic Eight Ball answers your May round of 'yes or no' questions

It’s the third Thursday of the month, so what better time to whip out my Magic Eight Ball and ask it a few “yes or no” questions.

This month’s set of questions came to me via e-mail and Facebook. Below you’ll find the unedited questions and answers to the questions that I asked my Magic Eight Ball on Monday.

Aaron asked: Will we know the person who released the information on the double agent for the CIA in Yemen?
Answer: Yes.

Josh asked: Will Obama be back for a second term?
Answer: Maybe.

Ken asked: Will Obama be reelected?
Answer: Yes.

Connie asked: Will Conecuh County prosper as a new separate senate district?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

Matt asked: Will my book sell millions and allow me to run for President?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

Toni asked: Will I fall off my bike if I try to ride it today?
Answer: Maybe.

Gilbert asked: If I say real loud ‘Like a good neighbor State Farm is there,’ will Marc Williams pop up?
Answer: Absolutely!

Laniebell asked: Will Alabama take another national championship win this year?
Answer: No way!

Randall asked: Will Hillcrest’s football team be better this year than it was last year?
Answer: Definitely.

Larry asked: What about Sparta?
Answer: My sources say no.

David asked: Will Pete Wolff have an opposition in the mayoral race this year?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

Ben asked: What about the council?
Answer: No way!

Mary asked: Will the charter school bill pass?
Answer: My sources say no.

Michael asked: Will this itch ever go away?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

Gilbert asked: Am I still in the Wolf Pack?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

Aaron asked: Will you buy stock in Facebook?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

With that said, I guess I’ll give my old Eight Ball a rest for a few weeks and close this thing out until the third Thursday in June.

In the meantime, if you’ve got a question you want me to ask my Magic Eight Ball, e-mail it to me at courantsports@earthlink.net, and I’ll publish the answers in the June 21 edition of The Courant.

----- 0 -----

Also this week, the good folks at the state tourism department released its Top 10 list of things to do during the month of June. Events that made the cut included the following – the 33rd Annual Hank Williams Festival in Georgiana, June 1-2; Bald Eagle Bash in Fairhope, June 2; the Regions Tradition Golf Tournament in Birmingham, June 6-10; the 22nd Annual Alexander City Jazz Fest in Alexander City, June 8-9; the Tallassee Now! BBQ & Music Fest in Tallassee, June 9; the National Rosenwald School Conference in Tuskegee, June 14-16; the Helen Keller Festival in Tuscumbia, June 21-24; the 30th Annual Alabama Sports Festival State Games in Birmingham, June 22-24; the Delmore Days Music Festival in Athens, June 23; and the Chilton County Peach Festival in Clanton, June 25-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment