Thursday, July 12, 2012

Three UFO reports made in Alabama between June 1 and June 30

It’s the second week of the month, so this week I’m giving you an update on UFO reports in Alabama from the past month, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network.

A search for UFO reports in Alabama between June 1 and June 30 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in three reports from within our state during that time.

The first reported incident occurred on Wed., June 13, around 8:30 p.m., and the witness reported seeing multiple, glowing orange orbs over the Gulf of Mexico near Dauphin Island.

“We were in a boat fishing in the Gulf near Dauphin Island and a giant, bright glowing orange orb appeared for about three minutes then disappeared,” the witness said. “About two minutes later, several smaller orange orbs appeared all over the sky and some split into two or more different orbs.

“This went on for 35 to 45 minutes, then the Coast Guard helicopters flew over head at a high rate of speed, going in the orb’s direction with their spot lights on. About two minutes later, two Navy fighters with afterburners on passed overhead at a very high rate of speed, moving in the direction of the orbs then they disappeared.”

The second incident occurred on Thurs., June 21, around 7:50 p.m. and the witness reported seeing two silver, wingless objects, flying silently, one behind the other. The objects appeared to have red surfaces and also seemed to reflect sunlight.

“One flew over, then we looked up and saw another one heading our way, same flight path as the first,” the witness said. “I ran, got my camera and took a picture. The object focused very well in camera but blurred before I could get a snapshot. It was sliver, no wings, no obvious windows or tail, or trail. It had two grooved areas around the middle like the belly was grooved or dipped inward. This is where the red color was from. As it passed over our roof, we ran to the front yard to try to catch it and get another picture, but it disappeared.”

The final incident occurred on Tues., June 26, around 9:30 p.m. and witnesses reported seeing what looked like a bright star that flew overhead in a gradual arc before turning south before disappearing.

“It was 9:30 at night, and I was outside on my back patio,” the witness said. “I have made it a habit to watch the sky and the treelines with my digital night vision monocular. I was scanning the north when I heard the roar of what I knew to be a fighter jet. So I am scanning the sky, trying to find the strobes on the fighter jet that I am hearing when I pan to the left, which is west, and notice a very bright star. I continue panning to my left, looking south, then I move back to my right because it has become obvious to me that the sound cannot be in that direction.

“As I do, I notice that the bright star isn’t exactly where it was before. The thing was moving or so I thought it was, so I moved close to my privacy fence gate and lined up the object with a stationary reference point to see if it was indeed moving. It was. I grabbed my Droid, and I shot six images through the digital night vision device as I watched in awe as this huge white ‘thing’ – which obviously wasn’t a star - slowly eased across the sky, totally silent, which only added to the extreme creepiness of the situation.

“It moved towards me then made a gentle 90-degree arc moving south. I kept it in my viewfinder when suddenly it was gone. I could not reacquire it. It just vanished.”

Before closing out this week, I just want to put it out there again that I would be very interested to hear from any readers of The Courant who have witnessed a UFO in Conecuh County. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’d be willing to accept your report on an anonymous basis if you’d be more comfortable with that arrangement. You can contact me by e-mail at courantsports@earthlink.net or by phone at 578-1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment