Thursday, July 19, 2012

You asked the questions and the Magic Eight Ball gives the answers

It’s the third Thursday of the month, so what better time to whip out my Magic Eight Ball and ask it a few “yes or no” questions.

This month’s set of questions came to me via e-mail and Facebook. Below you’ll find the unedited questions and answers to the questions that I asked my Magic Eight Ball on Monday.

Juliette asked: Will a hurricane make landfall on our stretch of the Gulf this season?
Answer: Ask again later.

John asked: Will the NAACP and the ADC be successful in their effort to have the City of Evergreen’s redistricting plan overturned?
Answer: My sources say no.

Mason asked: Will a horse arena and equine center ever be built at Evergreen Municipal Park like it said in last week’s paper?
Answer: No way!

Shannon asked: Will the new railroad crossing barrier at King’s Crossing save lives there in the future?
Answer: Yes.

Latoya asked: Will anyone get killed there before they actually put the safety barrier up?
Answer: Absolutely!

William asked: Will Evergreen’s mayoral race be as heated this year as it was four years ago?
Answer: My sources say no.

Donald asked: Will the Evergreen mayor’s race be worse than the recent circuit judge’s race?
Answer: No way!

Johnny asked: Will there be a big lawsuit over the election’s result like there was last time?
Answer: Definitely.

Craig asked: Will all of the incumbents on Evergreen’s city council get reelected?
Answer: Maybe.

Kevin asked: Will any of the newcomers or challengers get elected to the council in Evergreen?
Answer: Absolutely!

Peter asked: Will there be new mayors in Castleberry or Repton?
Answer: Definitely!

Samuel asked: Should the city have left the stop signs up at Rural and Court streets instead of replacing that old traffic light?
Answer: My sources say no.

Robert asked: Will Obama get reelected in November?
Answer: Maybe.

Tyler asked: Will Sparta have a better football team this year than they had last year?
Answer: Outlook not so good.

Sammy asked: What about Hillcrest?
Answer: My sources say no.

Michael asked: Will Alabama repeat as national champions in football?
Answer: My sources say no.

James asked: Will Auburn be any good in football this year?
Answer: My sources say no.

Will asked: What about Troy?
Answer: Definitely.

Walter asked: Will anybody on Alabama’s team win the Heisman Trophy this year?
Answer: Ask again later.

Howard asked: Will the Braves make the MLB playoffs this year?
Answer: Maybe.

Dwight asked: Will they make the World Series?
Answer: Yes.

Bob asked: Will they win the World Series?
Answer: My sources say no.

I asked: Should readers take the above questions and answers seriously?
Answer: No way!

With that said, I guess I’ll give my old Eight Ball a rest for a few weeks and close this thing out until the third Thursday in August.

In the meantime, if you’ve got a question you want me to ask my Magic Eight Ball, e-mail it to me at courantsports@earthlink.net, and I’ll publish the answers in the Aug. 16 edition of The Courant.

No comments:

Post a Comment