Saturday, October 13, 2012

Five September UFO reports in Alabama include two from Florala

Today I’m giving you my monthly update on UFO reports in Alabama, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network.

A search for UFO reports in Alabama between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in five reports from within our state during that time.

The first incident occurred on Sat., Sept. 1, around 9:30 p.m. in Florala, which is in Covington County, not far from the Alabama-Florida state line. According to the witness, she and a friend were walking to a nearby store to get a drink when they looked into the sky and spotted a “hovering object, which seemed to pulsate through a rotation of colors - red, blue, white, yellow.”

They continued to watch as a helicopter flew beneath the strange object, and the lights brightened slightly as the helicopter passed.

“The regulation probe lights were visible and blinking, but they did not seem to pulsate the same as the object in the sky did,” the witness said. “We turned around and spotted another object in the northwestern portion of the sky, whereas the first had been in the southwestern. As we kept walking, we spotted another one a few more feet away from the first one. We kept watching, and the objects all continued to pulsate the three colors, but none of them moved from their positions in the sky.”

The second incident occurred on Mon., Sept. 3, at 1:30 a.m. in Florala and was reported by the same witness.

“My husband, and I were walking back from our friend’s house toward our house on Fifth Avenue, and I started looking for the objects I had seen the previous night,” the witness said. “I found them with no trouble after looking up into the sky. This time, however, I only counted two objects, which my husband also verified that he could see as well.

"The objects were hovering in the sky, and continued to blink different colors - red, blue, yellow, white - as opposed to pulsating as they had done the night before, but they were still located in the same approximate areas as the night before. I am going to try to get them on film the next time I look.”

The third incident occurred on Wed., Sept. 5, at 8:30 p.m. in the Sprott community, which is located in Perry County, northeast of Marion.

The witness reported that he and his father were riding on their farm and were coming home after dark. That’s when the son noticed “a bright orange light in the sky, just above the trees. For a moment, I thought it was Mars.

“I told my dad to stop the truck when I realized there were two, and then they faded out. We watched for about a minute, and they came back on, about 15 degrees to the east. We watched them for about 20 seconds, and they faded again.

“Less than a minute later, they reappeared again in the original location and faded after a few seconds. We watched for several minutes more and didn’t see anything. After we got on the highway, we saw and heard a helicopter fly over us going in the same direction of the lights. It was very low. Later, my mother heard several helicopters fly over our house, not far from the sighting, going in the same direction.”

The fourth incident occurred on Tues., Sept. 11, at 8:45 p.m. in the community of Toney, which is located in Madison County, not far from the Alabama-Tennessee state line. The incident began when the witness went into his garage to smoke a cigarette.

“The garage door was open, so I am able to hear and see things outside. As I was standing there smoking, I heard the animals in the area seemed very excited barking, etc., very eerie outside. So I walked to the front of the driveway and stood there for a minute.

“Then I looked toward the field across from my house, which (is) a large grassy area. Then I saw a bright flash of light - orb or round orb - that morphed. As soon as I could really get a good look, it pulsed out to darkness, but when this happened my eyes caught a stream of light that moved so fast that it left a stream trail, not clouds, plasma or something. This was not a meteorite or shooting star or satellite.”

The fifth incident occurred on Sun., Sept. 23, at 4:12 a.m. in Phenix City, which is in Russell County and is on the Alabama-Georgia state line. This incident also involved a smoker who had stepped outside for a cigarette.

“My routine is I look up at the stars, and when doing so, I noticed what first showed as a star with one directly underneath it,” the witness said. “And it was what could best be described as blinking lights from what is supposed to be a star. However it was lower than the stars appear and quiet with no sound at all.

“Upon walking closer to this, it then showed a third light, and they went blue and the one in the middle went to red. The light pattern would switch, and I came inside to get my camera in an attempt to take pictures or video, neither of which worked because of how dark it is outside.

“Also to the left of this was what appeared to be the initial two lights, one directly above another just like the formation I singled in on, however that one did not show a red light in the middle. It was blinking as if mimicking a twinkling star. I see the sky formation around the same time on a regular basis and there is no star where either of these appeared. I returned inside due to being scared, wondering if it would try to interact.”

That wraps up my Alabama UFO report for this month, but before closing this thing out, I just want to put it out there again that I would be very interested to hear from any readers who have witnessed a UFO in Southwest Alabama. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’d be willing to accept your report on an anonymous basis if you’d be more comfortable with that arrangement. You can contact me by e-mail at courantsports@earthlink.net or by phone at 578-1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment